- Get 10,000 views on my website
- Meditate daily for 100 days
- Read the Book of Mormon in Norwegian, Portuguese, and Afrikaans
- January 2016 – Visit China
- January 2016 – Visit Japan
- May 2016 – Learn yoga
- August 2016 – Meditate daily for a month
- August 2016 – Read The Art of War by Sun Tzu
Talents and Skills
Keep a regular blogCompleted during high school.
- Get 10,000 total views on this site
Make a websiteThat’s this thing here. Completed Summer 2012. Start a businessCompleted January 2013. Provo Productions has since closed. Learn to mediateSince fall 2013 I’ve been using headspace.com and have logged more than 100 hours total. (January 2017) Meditate daily for a week(Completed February 2014) Meditate daily for a month(Completed May 2016)
- Meditate daily for 100 days
Learn yogaJanuary 2017: I do yoga on a weekly basis for physical therapy.
- Speak 10 languages (January 2017: 5 of 10 complete, several others in the works)
EnglishI hope I speak English. SpanishAdvanced to native proficiency, depending on how much I’ve been practicing of late. PortugueseCompleted Winter 2013. Intermediate level.
- Read the Book of Mormon in Portuguese
- Read O Alquimista, by Paulo Coehlo, in Portuguese.
AfrikaansCompleted Fall 2008. Beginner level.
- Read the Book of Mormon in Afrikaans
NorwegianCompleted Fall 2015. Beginner level.
- Read the Book of Mormon in Norwegian
- Japanese – Enough to get myself lost.
- Chinese – Enough to know I know nothing.
- Hebrew – February 2015: I can read the Hebrew alphabet, with limited working vocabulary.
- Biblical Greek
- American Sign Language
- International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- Start a restaurant
- Invent something
- Learn to make sushi
- Successfully make a soufflé
- Memorize the constitution
- Memorize all LDS scripture masteries
- Memorize points of missionary lessons
- Get a PhD
- Build an effects pedal (While not an effects pedal, I made a bypass pedal in summer 2014).
- Build an electric guitar
- Build an acoustic guitar
- Build a speaker
- Build a cab
- Build an amp
- Learn to juggle
- Solve a rubik’s cube in under a minute
- Do a backflip
- Learn to walk on my hands
- Learn to fly a plane
Learn how to play soccerServing a two-year mission in Santiago, Chile, this was a must.
- Play intramural soccer
- Bowl a 300
- Learn to snowboard
- Learn to surf
- Get a blue belt in jiujitsu
- Go fencing
Win a competitionCompleted 2001
- Go bowhunting
Run a 5kCompleted 2005
- Run a 10k
- Run a half marathon
- Run a full marathon
- Do a Ragnar relay
- Be able to bench press my own weight
Music, Arts, Entertainment
Release an albumSee my work with Pando and my high school band Signalfire. Completed October 2011 and again August 2013. Perform in a Battle of the BandsCompleted during Velour’s 2015 Summer BOTB with Pando, runner-up finish
- Perform at an open mic night
- Sing national anthem at a game
- Go busking in Nashville
- Play at Red Rocks Amphitheater
- Do standup comedy
- Learn cha cha
- Learn to tango
- Learn to waltz
- Learn to swing
- Learn samba
- Learn ballroom
- Learn to paint
- Take up photography
- Read my 100 books list
- See my 100 movies list
- Write a book
Return to ChileCompleted May 2013.
- Visit every continent
- Visit every state of the United States (February 2015: Missing only Alaska)
- Visit Mexico
South AmericaServed a two-year mission in Santiago, Chile.
- Cusco, Peru
- Robben Island, South Africa
- Sleep in a castle
- Run with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain
- Participate in La Tomatina in Buñol, Spain
Visit ChinaTechnically it was Taiwan – I’ll have to visit mainland China at some future time Visit JapanHad a brief stop in Japan on my way to and from Taiwain.
- Visit Israel
- Modes of travel
- Pogo stick
- Fly a plane
- Ride train across USA
- Bike the US
- Rebuild a car
- Road trip by myself in rebuilt car
- Ride in a hot air balloon
Learn to ice skateNovember 2015: at the very least, I can leave a night of skating without bruises.
- Learn to play ice hockey
- Ice Skate at the Rockefeller
- Be at Time’s Square on New Year’s Eve
- Learn to ride a horse
- Go to the Kentucky Derby
- Attend the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Go to space
Jump into a pool with all clothes onCompleted summer 2014 at the Durrant Family Reunion. SkydiveCompleted October 2014 as an early birthday present
- Become a solo skydiver
- Break a world record
- Ride in a zorb ball
- Go bungee jumping
- Shave my head bald
- Kiss in the rain
- Pillowfight flashmob (or any kind of flashmob)
- Mud wrestle
- Give Free Hugs
- Become CPR certified
Build a habitat homeCompleted October 2007, when I spent the week of my 18th birthday in Birmingham, AL volunteering for Habitat for Humanity.
- Start a charity